Distance21 mins by Car
Phoenix Park is the largest enclosed public park in any capital city in Europe. It was first formed as a royal hunting Park in the 1660s and opened to the general public in 1747. A large herd of deer still remain in the park to this day. The Park is also home to the Zoological Gardens, Áras an Uachtaráin, and Victorian flower gardens.
Phoenix Park is only a mile and a half from O’Connell Street. Many activities can be undertaken within the park, such as walking, running, polo, cricket, hurling, and many many more. The Glen Pond is set in very scenic surrounds in the Furry Glen. There are many walks and cycle trails available to the public.
The Phoenix Park is open 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, all year round. The main gates of the Park at Parkgate Street and Castleknock Gate are open 24 hours. The side gates to the Park are open from approximately 7:00 am until approximately 10.45 pm.